Monday 23 January 2012

Jaden Boots

 A short while ago, a lovely lady called Debbie (rughookergirl) bought my Jaden boots pattern, and after asking a couple of questions about the pattern, sent me a picture of the first finished boot.


I love talking to my customers, and getting feedback from them, so I was delighted to receive the picture. This interaction is one of the most rewarding things for crafters of the internet age. Some years ago I used to take a regular stand at the NEC Hobbycrafts shows, which are held twice yearly in Birmingham, UK. Customers would talk a little whilst visiting the stand, and tell me what they had made, but ultimately they were pressed for time, wanting to see the rest of the show. Apart from a few rare occasions, I only heard about their creations, rather than seeing them.
It is lovely to see other people's interpretation of a pattern, so you can imagine how thrilled I was when a few hours later when Debbie sent me two more photos. She had decided to crochet a trim around the cuff, in the same boucle yarn as she used for the sole edging!




 Doesn't it look wonderful! The boot is totally transformed into a snowboot - I simply adore this version, and the natural wood buttons set it off wonderfully.


I spend my life with half baked ideas for patterns floating around in my head, and have for some time been thinking about a pieced "Ugg" style boot. I have been wary of mixing crochet with knitting, thinking the crochet would put off those who only knit, but I'm now going to launch right in and design that "Ugg" style boot - and its going to have a crochet trim!!
Thank you so much for your pictures Debbie..... and please keep them coming, folks!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I found your blog Julie-Sorry I was being a dunce early this morning, not enough coffee,lol! Thanks so much for putting up the photos of my version of your UGG bootie!!!You have made my day! Keep up the good work with the patterns and the fund raising!
    Warm regards from chilly Canada!
    Debbe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihre Aufstellungsorte Anforderungen für Syndikatsbildung von Ihr Black Label No intragungen? I sein extrem innen intrerested übersetzend einige von Ihre Aufstellungsorte Pfosten in Französisch für meine Aufstellungsorte Leser und möchte wissen was Ihr Meinung auf diesem sein. http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/black-label-no/

    ReplyDelete
  3. with incoming post. Thanks a JUVACELL million and please keep up the fabulous work.Hey compañero, realmente tenido gusto este poste. Can t parece conseguirlo para dar formato a la derecha en Internet Explorer, se dobla todo para arriba.For more ==== >>>>>> http://guidemesupplements.com/is-juvacell-scam-or-fake/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growth Hormone and indirectly has made it popular among body shaping Muscle Rev Xtreme enthusiasts who have given it its unique by line: Sytropin Muscle Builder.This is almost an oxymoron, having a natural supplement to build muscles. http://rockhardfacts.com/muscle-rev-xtreme-scam/

    ReplyDelete