Tuesday 6 December 2011

This Crazy Climate of Ours

Last May I didn't have any fruits on my strawberry plants at all. It took till the end of June for the ones I did have to ripen, and they were far and few between. It is now December, and although we have had a very mild autumn, we now have our fair share of morning frosts and snow is forecast for later in the week, and what have I got in the garden........strawberries!! Maybe, just maybe, as they are so close to the wall, these will survive the cold weather, and I'll have home grown strawberries for Christmas Day!
I am feeling much more positive this week. Some very kind customers have taken the time to send me photos of the wonderful hats they have knit using my patterns, and I'm feeling creative once again.


I have been making a quilt with a jelly roll that I bought at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC way back in August. Its a simple nine-patch, but it won't be an all-over design, just an off centre panel. I have some hand-quilting in mind for the plain sections on either side.
Of course my brain wasn't fully engaged whilst I was going round the quilt show, so I didn't buy any co-ordinating fabric and I really want a matching binding, and this fabric is now hard to get!
But the lovely ladies at  http://www.sewluxfabric.com/ came up trumps and I was able to purchase the last yard and half that they had of this:
Its probably a good job it will take a few days to arrive...... if I hadn't run out of fabric I would carry on quilting and no-one in this family would get any Christmas presents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment