Friday 19 June 2009

Cards with honeycomb paper pop-outs


Just a quick post to let you know that I have a set of three cards featured in Making Cards July issue which was published yesterday.

They all have honeycomb paper pop-outs in the centre. This is the type of paper that "older" readers will remember as the stuff that Christmas decorations were made from and the younger of you will have seen used in shop windows displays at Valentines and Easter, creating 3D hearts and Easter eggs etc.

It's fun stuff to use.

Several years ago when I had an online store and used to have a stand at the NEC Hobbycraft exhibitions in Birmingham, I would sell loads of the stuff. My lads used to come to the shows to help out and they enthralled many customers by giving a demonstration of how to use the honeycomb paper. The customers were as impressed by the fact that a teenage lad was demonstrating the product as they were by the paper itself.

When I made these cards recently to send to Magmaker, my youngest son was happily recalling the items he used to make whilst helping on the stand and laughing about his twice yearly stints as a papercraft demonstrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment